Monday, June 28, 2010

Gatlin's fifth birthday bash

My son is five years old and I am having a difficult time believing it. I can not tell you how fast the time has gone and I know it's only going to go faster!

Gatlin decided he wanted to have a Super Mario Brothers birthday party this year. We decided to have it at a new pizza place right up the road from us and, what a wonderful place it was. The play room wasn't too big and we had our own private party room complete with our own party person to help with food and cake. We had Tina, one of Gatlin's friend's mom, make Gatlin's cake and cupcakes and I was completely blown away! She should definitely go into business and I would be her regular customer! Fantastic!!


We had a special birthday shirt made for Gatlin to wear on the big day and had invitations made to look like VIP passes complete with a lanyard for the kids to wear during the party.


Billie, Kyle, Mike and I stayed up late the night before the party blowing up balloons and drawing eyes on the star balloons to make them look like the invincible star from Super Mario Brothers.


I found mini Gameboys filled with Mario Brothers gummies to anchor the balloons and to give as party favors.

We even had my mom act as a bouncer with dark glasses and a flashing wand she used to allow the kids access to the party.


But, the ultimate highlight of the day was when Mario (aka Kyle) made an appearance at the party just in time for the cake. Kids and adults alike were thrilled and the girls that worked at the pizza place asked Kyle to make an appearance at their 21st birthday party! Hmmmm, I see a potential side job for Kyle if this whole flying thing doesn't work out. ;)


Gatlin's precious teacher, Ms. Leslie, made it to the party!

The kiddos

Gatlin and his good buddy, Jeremiah

Even the adults had fun!

All in all, I think it's a day that Gatlin will not soon forget and I know Kyle and I won't either.
Gatlin, I am so proud of the boy you have become and love you more than you can ever imagine.

1 comment:

The Stringers said...

Ha! I would shell out some cash or a dessert to see him wear that to Small Group. That's stinkin' funny!