Friday, March 12, 2010

The incredible egg...

So, Gatlin has been learning about dinosaurs lately and has become completely immersed in them. He tells me all about the meat-eaters and plant-eaters and even uses words like "omnivore"! Pretty snazzy, right?
Since he has found a new passion, my mom decided to get Gatlin a dinosaur egg where the dinosaur actually hatches. As soon as Gatlin opened it, he begged me to put it in the water so he could watch it hatch. I think he thought it would instantaneously become a dinosaur so I had to explain to him that it would take several days. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with how it actually "hatched". I expected the shell to just disintegrate, but it actually hatched out of the shell like a bird would! I decided to journal it's growth with pictures and now, I'm going to bore you share them with you!

Day 2
Because Day 1 was just an egg and I forgot to take a picture of it :)

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

Finally hatched!
Gatlin named him "Rhino" (don't ask me why) and took him to school the next day to show all his friends. Now, Rhino is a member of the family, even playing board games with us. It's amazing how something so small can bring so much joy, isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I thought that was the "baby chicks" marshmallow Easter candy! Too cute!!!