Friday, March 12, 2010

Everything is exciting and new to a five month old!

Gracyn is really beginning to enjoy this wide world around her. I love to watch her discover and experience things she's never seen or touched before. Her favorite thing to look at is still our faces (which I love more than anything) and she is always trying to touch our faces and bring them close to her. She used to suck on our noses but now she gums them HARD, which means my sweet baby girl will be cutting teeth soon, I'm afraid. I love her gummy smile and will miss that so much when her baby teeth poke through.
A few weeks back, we decided it was time for Gracyn's introduction to the new exersaucer. I was at the store when Kyle put it together and when he called me to tell me she was playing in it, I was a little sad to be missing it. I told him to grab a camera and get a picture. All he had was his iPhone so, excuse the picture quality...


Her other latest discovery is her feet. She found them one night while sitting in her bumbo and now she tries to get them in her mouth at every possible moment. Our personal favorite is when she plays with them on the changing table. Unfortunately for you, it is cutest when she's a naked baby, but I am not about to post a picture of her like that! So, I took a couple of her with her diaper on. Not as cute, but still pretty cute.


Busted! Who me?

You would think we were first time parents, wouldn't you? But, we are last time parents, which I think may be even worse. I found myself wishing for each new stage to come with Gatlin like rolling, crawling, and walking. Now, I find myself wishing that each day would be like the last and that Gracyn would stay at just this stage in life forever. She is more fun than should be legally allowed and I am trying to cherish every moment because tomorrow, she'll be bigger than today and a little less baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot stop laughing at the "busted" picture! She is SOOOO beautiful!!!

*Why do they have to get any bigger??? Miss you!!!

xoxoxo
H