Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Audie Murphy Day 2008

For those of you who don't know, Kyle's parents live in a small town that just happens to be the home town of Audie Murphy, the most highly decorated war hero and Hollywood actor. Once a year, on his birthday, Farmersville, TX. hosts an Audie Murphy Day. There is a parade, a ceremony honoring veterans from all eras and branches of service, and a flyover to kick it all off. For the fourth year in a row, Kyle performed the flyover in the T-38 along with another pilot from our squadron. As usual, they did a beautiful job perfectly on time and in great position. My camera didn't get a great shot of them but here is what I got...
The day was huge success and everyone had a wonderful day celebrating Audie Murphy and all of our veterans! We also had another weekend enjoying the farm. We fed the two new longhorn steers, picked tons of plums, and took turns getting rides in Bill's Ford GT! What a weekend of firsts!!
Mike and Eric feeding Strauss

The fastest speed reached that day was by, none other than, Kyle the fighter pilot!

Picking plums

Gatlin and Grams, what a cheeser!

3 comments:

Shirley Jean Paulk said...

Thanks for a great article. Enjoyed it immensely. I was able to attend Audie days in Greenville,
but not Farmersville. Hope to be
able to attend Farmersville Audie
days next year. Folks were real
nice and friendly in Greensville at
the Cotton Museum. Met Audie's niece and grand niece in Greenville
at Cotton Museum festives as Audie's sister Nadine was unable to
attend due to illness. Again thanks for great pictures and if you have anymore of that day, I would love to see them.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Shirley J Paulk
Spaulk3@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Oh, hell, I didn't get to ride the the golf cart...AGAIN!!!

Brenda said...

Hi Carrie, You probably don't remember me but I am Yovonka's sister Brenda. I live in Pennsylvania. Yovonka sent me your website. I just want to tell you that you have a handsome and very TALENTED little boy. (I watched his American Idol presentation lol) So cute, you are beautiful too. I think the last time I saw your mom was when I was 18 or 19 years old...I am an old lady of 46 these days. my e-mail is bsc17724@chilitech.net...feel free to contact me if you'd like.

Your cousin...Brenda