Monday, August 11, 2008

Swimming lessons

We decided earlier this summer to start Gatlin in swim lessons. Kyle and I both love the water so much, we wanted to be sure that Gatlin would love it too. So, this past week, Gatlin had a week of private lessons with the head lifeguard, Kyrenda. He really took to her the first day and trusted her right off the bat. By the end of the week, he was swimming back and forth between us underwater! I wouldn't say he is Olympic ready quite yet, but I am so thankful that he will finally put his face under the water! That was our biggest obstacle up to this point. Much thanks to Kyrenda for your patience and TLC with Gatlin. Watch out world, a new swimmer is born!!!

Playing "treasure hunt" with Kyrenda's charm bracelet

Getting ready for his first dunk in the lazy river

Look at me go!!!

Enjoying his graduation sucker with Kyrenda

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You go Gatlin!! We love you and hope to come swim with you very soon! You are rocking that casbah pool dude and we are inspired by your water skills! Keep it up and know that in Mississippi we are so proud of you!! All our love,Rachel, Davis, and Campbell

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as a "water monkey"!!!! I am sooo proud of him!!! You go, buddy! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ME SOME "BABY BISCUITS"!!!